This test is particularly beneficial for people aged over 40 who are at average or higher risk for colorectal cancer. This includes, but is not limited to individuals who have:
- A family history of colorectal cancer
- A medical history of malignant colorectal tumours
- Had intestinal polyps in the past
- A medical history of appendicitis and/or an appendectomy
- Symptoms affecting the bowels (e.g. diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, bloody stool)
Younger individuals (above age 18) can also use this test based on a primary healthcare provider recommendation.